Monday, January 31, 2011

Daily 1 - Week 2

 You accidentally discover an invention that can immediately help millions of people; but only if you act immediately. On the other hand, if you just wait three months, you can secure a patent and get rich. Which do you choose and why?


I would choose to act immediately, in order to help millions of people. I believe that if you help one person or a million people, it's still better than becoming rich. I would feel guilty that I didn't help those certain people that needed help in those 3 months. Knowing that I had an invention, and I kept it to myself in order to become rich seems selfish and wrong. Also, I believe that once I started using my invention to help people, the government/ other people would pay to use my invention or pay me to help the people they knew that needed help. But, I feel as if the ultimate goal for me would be to help people and to make sure I made a difference in these peoples lives. Money can come and go, but knowing that you impacted peoples lives in a way that you truly helped them with something they needed. I'm sure more than half of the other people in the world would chose to wait those 3 months to get the patent and become rich, because the many people live in poverty. I'm not saying that it is wrong to choose that option either. But, I feel that since I would have helped millions of people, i don't need to happiness of money and material items that you can get from money. That is why I would choose to take my invention and use it immediately, instead of waiting 3 months to get a patent and become rich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment